Notes to Passengers
《Notes to Passengers》
A. General Terms
Except where the context otherwise requires, the following capitalized terms in this notice shall have the meaning as follows:
“We”, “our”, “us” or “the Company” refers to China Travel Tours Transportation Services Hong Kong Limited, China Travel Express Transportation (Shenzhen) Limited and their subsidiaries.
“Passenger” refers to any person carried on the bus including infants and unborn children.
“Actual carrier” or “Carrier” means the driver(s) and/or operator(s) of vehicles (as per the registrations of operation).
“Agent” includes our subsidiaries and agents.
“Consigned good/ service” refers to the good or service that is sold/provided by any third party via any of our channels.
“Jointly operated route” refers to the route that is jointly operated by us and others.
2. Passengers who have chosen to travel by or hire any cross-boundary vehicles (including coaches, buses and saloons) and/or any shuttle/vehicles for feeder services acknowledge and agree that our company is only acting as the ticket agent of the Carrier and also acknowledge and agree to observe all the terms and conditions as set in this Notice to Passengers (this “Notice”).
3. Tickets can be sold by agents to passengers direct. You acknowledge that the Agents and the Company are not the Actual carriers of vehicles. The Actual carriers of vehicles are the operators of vehicles (as per the registrations of operation). It is recommend that the Passengers may enquire Agents and the Company for the relevant information of the Actual Carriers so as to decide whether or not to travel with the Actual Carriers prior to their journeys.
4. We are not the Actual Carriers and we disclaim all/any liability and claims in respect of products and services provided by the Actual Carriers. Please make your own claims against the Actual Carriers and obtain the relevant terms and conditions from the relevant Actual Carriers in such circumstance.
5. All terms as set out in this Notice shall be regarded as agreements made between the actual carriers and passengers. All passengers must observe all the terms and conditions as set out in this Notice and the terms and conditions endorsed overleaf of each ticket prior to their purchase of tickets. Passengers are deemed to accept this Notice after they have purchased the tickets.
6. Any claims against the Actual carriers and/or the Agents by passengers (including their personal representatives) shall be dealt with by way of arbitration. You acknowledge and agree that the institution of claim and venue of arbitration will depend on the place where the accident or dispute occurred. The details are as follows: Hong Kong International Arbitration Center for Hong Kong; Macau World Trade Center Arbitration Center for Macau; Zhuhai Arbitration Commission for Mainland China.
B. Conditions of Travel
1. All tickets are valid for travel on the date with the schedule as specified on the tickets only. Passengers shall retain their tickets for inspections. In case of loss or mutilation of tickets, passengers shall repurchase new tickets for their travel. All tickets are invalid if they are altered. If the ticket is found to be inconsistent with the destination of the vehicle, the carrier has the right to require the passenger to pay twice the fare for the ticket. Passengers shall arrive at the boarding locations 15 minutes before the time of departure as specified on the tickets. Passengers shall present valid tickets for inspection before travelling. Late passengers shall not be waited.
2. Each passenger shall hold a valid ticket for travelling. Children aged 0 to 2 require infant tickets. As for reference only, the infant ticket prices for each route/product are as follows (same price in RMB and HKD; no seats will be provided): Bus Airport Line and Ngong Ping 360 Line: $20; City Bus Line (including Disneyland): $10; 6-seat car-rental: $50. Children aged 3 to 5 require child tickets. Passengers aged 6 or above require adult tickets (subject that child tickets for some routes offer to children aged 3 to 12 and some routes do not offer child tickets or elderly tickets). Non-adult passengers shall travel with their guardians. In consideration of the safety of passengers and in compliance with relevant traffic regulations, the carriers may refuse to carry passengers if the vehicles exceed the maximum capacity of carriage, in such circumstances passengers so refused may request for refund of full fare of tickets.
3. Passengers shall ensure that they hold valid travel documents prior to their purchase of tickets. In accordance with relevant regulations enforced by the government, the carriers are entitled to request passengers to produce their valid travel documents and visas for inspections before their journeys. The carriers may refuse to carry such passengers whom refuse to produce valid travel documents for inspection and no refund shall be made in such circumstances.
4. In avoidance of causing delay to other passengers, cross-boundary carriers shall wait for passengers at control points of the ports not exceeding 20 minutes. If individual passengers were delayed at control points due to inspections by the respective immigration departments, custom departments or hygiene departments, etc. of PRC and Hong Kong, passengers may continue their journeys by other carriers operated by the same carriers or by other transportation at their own costs. In such circumstances, the carriers shall bear no liability therefor.
5. The carriers are entitled to request passengers to change for other vehicles according to the conditions of the border. It is not the case that, for any particular journey, particular cross-boundary vehicles shall be travelled without interchange. The carriers can in their sole discretion arrange the actual stopping locations and interchange services according to the conditions of schedules, number of passengers and operation of vehicles, etc. so as to minimize the waiting time of passengers at the ports.
6. To ensure the safety of the journey, passengers should fasten their seat belts while seated.
C. Conditions of Carriage of Luggage and Parcels
1. Each passenger may carry free of charge one piece of cabin luggage and one piece of large luggage. Such large luggage shall be placed in the cargo compartment according to the instructions as may be given by the carriers. The maximum dimension of large luggage shall not exceed 56cm x 36 cm x 22 cm. Supplemental tickets for luggage shall be required if extra luggage is carried by passengers, subject that carriers may refuse to carry any over-weight and oversized luggage or any luggage that is not suitable to be carried in the view of the carriers and in such circumstances, no refund shall be made.
2. In accordance with the relevant regulations enforced by the government of PRC and Hong Kong respectively, passengers are not allowed to carry with them any inflammable, explosive or smuggled items or any items prohibited to be carried through the control points of the border. The carriers may refuse to carry such passengers in possession of such prohibited items. In case of any accident caused by passengers due to his possession of any prohibited items, such passengers shall bear all liability and consequence therefore and shall bear all loss that may have to be borne by the carriers as a result.
3. Passengers shall pay attention to their own belongings during the journeys. Passengers shall bear all risks of their own belongings and the carriers shall not be responsible for any damaged or lost luggage or parcels except that such damage or loss was due to faults of the carriers.
4. Valuable or memorial items shall be kept by passengers as their personal belongings and shall not be placed in the cargo compartment. Any items placed in the cargo compartment shall be regarded as checked baggage. If damage or loss of luggage was proved to be caused by faults of the carriers, the maximum compensation for each damaged or lost luggage or parcel shall not exceed HK$500.
1. In consideration of the safety and health of all passengers, the carriers may refuse to carry any passengers who are found mentally unbalanced, suffering from infectious disease or severe illness or to be in childbirths.
2. Eating or drinking is not allowed during journeys. Passengers shall not cause any disturbance to other passengers. Earphones shall be used for any electronic devices giving off sound. Passengers shall not speak to the drivers and shall not leave their seats during movement of vehicles. The carriers may refuse to carry such passengers whom violate the said regulations and no refund shall be made in such circumstances.
3. Passengers shall follow the instructions as may be given by the drivers or staff of the carriers from time to time. Passengers shall get on and take off from the vehicles at the designated locations in accordance with the actual traffic conditions.
4. Passengers will be held responsible for any damage caused by them to any property of the carrier, including but not limited to the structure, equipment, appliances and furnishing of the vehicles. Compensation is negotiated by the carrier and the passenger and has nothing to do with us.
5. All lost property of the passenger found in the vehicle which is not claimed by the owner immediately shall be retained by the carrier for a period of 14 days (except for food and perishable items). And if at the end of that period they remain unclaimed, the carrier reserves the right to deal with it in a way it deems appropriate. If important documents such as identity documents are found, the carrier has the right to send such documents to the law enforcement agency at the location where it was found.
6. Since it takes 1 to 1.5 months for the bank to process a refund, passengers who use Visa/Master credit cards for transactions on our website need to wait patiently for any refund.
7. The carriers shall not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by delay or service cancellation in any force majeure including but not limited to immigration clearance, traffic conditions, traffic accidents, communicable diseases (e.g. COVID-19), government restrictions or other conditions that may alter the scheduled journeys. Passengers chosen to travel by the carriers shall arrange the schedule that suit them and shall allow sufficient times for immigration clearance and traffic. The carriers shall not be responsible for any delay of journeys.
8. Airport Line: We are not the Actual Carriers. Passengers who intend to transfer to a plane after using the service provided by the Carrier must allow sufficient time for check-in. The Carrier shall not be responsible for any delay in the shuttle service due to any force majeure factor, which may result in the inability of the Passenger to transfer to another aircraft and any loss incurred by the Passenger. The carrier is not responsible for any problems caused by flight services and baggage after the transfer.
9. Jointly operated route: We are not the Actual Carriers. We are not responsible for any direct or indirect losses or claims arising from traffic safety, passenger losses, insurance liabilities, etc. on jointly operated routes.
10. The carriers can in their sole discretion suspense any journeys if they view that their vehicles are unable to continue the journeys under a safe condition due to typhoon signal no.8, black rainstorm warning signals or other severe weather conditions. In such circumstances, it is recommended that passengers shall contact us in respect of any updates through hotline (Hong Kong：(852) 3604 0118； Mainland China：400 663 0118）; WeChat (ID: HKCTGBUS) or our website at http://www.hkctgbus.com. Should the schedules of the carriers be cancelled due to severe weather conditions, passengers may request for refund of the full fare of tickets within 7 working days from the date of purchase of such tickets or apply for reschedule to travel for the same route within 3 months. Passengers who purchased tickets through the WeChat platform may apply for a refund or reschedule of the journey through WeChat platform. The carriers shall not be responsible for any damage or loss suffered by passengers due to typhoon signal no.8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals.
11. In case of breakdowns of vehicles, the carriers may arrange substituted vehicles for carrying passengers for the remaining journeys. If passengers have chosen to travel by other transportations, passengers may request for refund of full fare of tickets within 7 working days from the date of purchase of such tickets or apply for reschedule to travel for the same route within 3 months. Passengers who purchased tickets through the WeChat platform may apply for refund or reschedule of journey through the WeChat platform. Passengers agree that the carriers shall not be responsible for any liability due to delay in such circumstances.
12. The carriers do have valid third-party insurance for their vehicles in both PRC and Hong Kong. Nevertheless, it is recommended that passengers shall have their own traffic and travel insurance for each journey. In case of accident of the vehicles in the PRC, passengers shall remain in the scene until the police of PRC have concluded their investigation of the accident, registration and inspection of injury. The carriers shall not be liable to passengers if they have left the said scene or have not completed the said registration which would render the insurance be invalid. Passengers shall waive their rights to institute any claims in the Courts or Small Claims Tribunal in Hong Kong in respect of the said traffic accidents in PRC. In accordance with the regulations of the PRC, the maximum compensation to each passenger for each traffic accident in PRC causing deaths or injuries is RMB100,000.
13. This Notice is supplemental to the terms and conditions as endorsed overleaf of tickets (namely the “Condition of Issue of Tickets”). In the event that there is any omission or any conflict with any terms and conditions in the Condition of Issue of Tickets, this Notice’s provisions govern. This Notice is in both English and Chinese. In the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Condition of Issue of Tickets, the Chinese version shall prevail.This Notice to Passengers applies only to our products and services. Regarding the agency sales of third-party products and services, all regulations are subject to the "Passenger Notice" of the third-party company and have nothing to do with the company.
14. Please visit our website at http://www.hkctgbus.com or our WeChat account at HKCTGBUS for further information in respect of conditions of changes and refund of fare of tickets.
15. Copy of this Notice is exhibited in every ticket office. Copy of this Notice may also be found on the website http://www.hkctgbus.com or WeChat account at HKCTGBUS or through our customer service centres.
16. This notice is applicable to Guangdong province, Hong Kong and Macau.
17. In this Condition of Issue of Tickets (if the context permits or requires) the singular number shall include the plural and the masculine feminine and neuter genders shall include the others of them.
18. In case of any dispute, our decision shall be final.
19. In the event of conflict between the English version and the Chinese version of this Notice, the Chinese version will prevail.
China Travel Tours Transportation Services Hong Kong Limited
China Travel Express Transportation (Shenzhen) Limited